The Community Plan:
Why Your community Needs a Plan for the Future
Why the Winning Communities Plan?
Unlike a community comprehensive plan, the Certified Winning Communities vision and action plan includes more than just economic development studies and land usage. It involves the community’s brand identity, its vision for the future, its goals in all areas of development and more. Here are some of the benefits of the 90-day, Certified Winning Community planning process:
- Involves entire community’s participation
- Surveys citizens on the assets, challenges, opportunities and trends impacting the community
- Develops customized community vision
- Defines goal areas of opportunity for the community
- Prioritizes and organizes ideas for community initiatives
- Assembles teams for follow-through with ideas and projects
- Certification process encouraging implementation of community plan
- Promoted through local media to boost involvement and results
- Assistance in writing grant proposals for project funding
Not only is our community development plan more affordable for smaller cities, towns and counties than a comprehensive plan, our vision and action plans gets the entire community working together toward common goals.