In order for a community to be designated as a Certified Winning Community, it must complete all 13 action items in the Winning Communities process.
- Form Winning Communities Task Force/Review Existing Plans (5 pts)
- Coordinate First Community Meeting (2 pts)
- Media and Public Announcements (3 pts)
- First Community Planning Meeting (5 pts)
- Establish Goal Areas of Opportunity (5 pts)
- Complete Interviews/Focus Groups (5 pts)
- Second Community Meeting/Set Objectives (10 pts)
- Community Retreat (15 pts)
- Establish Goal Area Action Teams for Implementation (10 pts)
- Goal Area Action Teams Establish Short-Term Objectives (5 pts)
- Finalize Action Plan/Final Community Meeting/Community Declares Commitment (10 pts)
- Winning Communities Committee Established (10 pts)
- Winning Communities Committee Progress Reports (15 pts)
Total: 100 points — Public Announcement & Certified Winning Community plaque
Ready for your community to get started building its strategic vision and action plan? Contact us to engage your community.